Thursday, June 23, 2005

first socks


first socks
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.
When the felted bag was all done, I asked Roxi, what should I make next. My goal was to be a good, well rounded knitter. I wanted to develop my skills so that I eventually I could knit anything. So Roxi said socks. My response was No Way, I'm not ready, socks are too hard, etc. Roxi is not a good listener so here are my first pair of socks. I used Fixation sock yarn & it's a Roxi pattern, so it was free with the yarn.

Some people love socks. This project was not a love affair. I did learn alot. Cuffs aren't tight enough for my taste. And I did the Kitchner stitch, twice. Once with a lot of adult supervision & once all by my lonesome, with detailed written instructions. If I can ever whip out a Kitchner stitch from memory, that will be a major accomplishment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home