Friday, July 22, 2005

Baby Week

This past week has been a baby week for sure. Friends expecting, twin cousins to meet and yesterday we visited Miss Maegen Michelle, 6 1/2 months old, sportin' her first tooth and very cranky. Not listening at all to Mom's instructions. So all of this motivated me to pick up a book on baby hats and booties at my Thursday night knitting group. I also got some yarn and started a hat last night but I am not telling for whom. I also decided on some munchkin Christmas gifts, but I am not blabbin' that idea either.

I have been very anti-knitted-baby gifts. Mostly because I am such a slow knitter. I refuse to knit something that takes longer to knit than the amount of time a baby would fit into it. (Grandchildren may totally blow that rule out of the water). So what to do? Since I am plodding along on this green sweater, that will probably never end, I am treating myself to a quick project with every row that I finish. With this concept, I should be done with the sweater around Christmas & have 30 baby hats knitted, well maybe that is an exageration.

Just wanted to give everyone fair warning, if you want a knitted Christmas gift out of me this year, your best shot is to have a baby. Maybe I'll knit Aran Sweaters for everyone on my list next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home