Saturday, July 09, 2005

A good read!


Debbie Macomber Novels
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.
No more quickie knitting projects for me any time soon. I'm back to working on my green sweater and am committed to make some major progress on it. So I thought I would share some knitting books that I have really enjoyed. Both are quick, entertaining summer reads.

I thought they were very fun because they are both set in Seattle and I get a kick out of reading the descriptions of places that I know. They are set around a ficticious yarn store & remind me a bit of every yarn store that I have been to around Puget Sound. The characters start out in a knitting class and you follow the changes in their lives. Since knitting is a life altering experience, don't I know it.

The author, Debbie Macomber, is a local and uses quotes in her books by some local knitters. I am looking forward to meeting her next Saturday at a book signing that she is doing in Gig Harbor at the Yarn Garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home