Saturday, June 25, 2005

A yarn to call my own!


farewell scarf
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.
Literally, this is MY very own yarn. Dyed for me, spun for me, named for me. The Farewell yarn. My yarn dealer, mentor and friend, Roxi is adding a new dimension to her business, Kaleidoscope Dyeworks. She is now creating custom made yarn. This one she made for me, me, me!!! I just love all of those luscious greens & it feels so good to knit with. She also sent me the link to this free pattern online. And it is the first project that I did all on my own without adult supervision. Usually I start a project right at Roxi's table with a lot of , "OK, tell me how to do this." And she is very patient with me. But it is her fault that I am a knitter. She missed her chance back in February when I said that knitting was too hard and I could never, ever learn. She should have just nodded and said, "Yup, you're right, bye now." But nope, she had to be helpful and demonstrate what a superior teacher she is. And all she has to show for it is me, the knittin leech, I can just suck the yarn right out of a person. So I am knittin just as fast as I can, before she wises up & kicks me to the curb.

2 Comments:

At 6/25/2005 6:38 AM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

Love the knitting blog. Now you can always have an instant overview of your knitting history.

You'll have to think about how much Artichoke yarn you'll need.

 
At 6/25/2005 10:47 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

mmmmmmmm Artichoke. I think I should probably pick a project first and then I will know how much I need. Would hate to say I need 15 ounces and then find a project it would be perfect for that requires 17 ..... gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home