Sunday, July 24, 2005

Still not a sweater


red stocking cap
Originally uploaded by sfarewell.
OK, I got really motivated by this knit baby Heads & Toes book. Now that I am being stalked by all of these babies, I thought that knitting "quick" baby projects would be fun (and a nice break from this sweater that takes forever). Of course, "quick" would mean that I am suppose to do more knitting than unknitting. I knitted & unknitted some of these stripes over and over again making this project take up most of my weekend. WARNING: The size on this pattern is waaaaaay off. I made the 0-3 month size which would fit a preschooler nicely. So I had to unknit, yet again, and eliminate the last increase. I would definately reccommend stopping at 80 stitches for an infant. 90 stitches makes a child size & I am just guessing but I bet 100 stitches which the pattern calls 1 year would fit an adult. Let me know if you knit this pattern how yours works out. Now I have it down, so I can make more.

I knitted the 0 to 3 month size out of Tahki Cotton Classic. I have never been a fan of Cotton Classic because it is so danged slippery. I must be evolving into a better knitter, despite my love of making numerous mistakes, because knitting with Cotton Classic, not so bad. Which is lucky because I have plans to make at least 2 more of these stocking caps.

Gotta go, there is another hat in this book calling my name ... wait til you see the cute booties too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home