Monday, August 15, 2005

Ho, Ho, Ho



Christmas in August. This is my first attempt at a Christmas Stocking. I used this fabulous pattern by Nancy Lindberg that makes it very easy to design and create your own stocking. The possibilities are unlimited. Of course mine is gianormous! Knitted in Encore yarn it is about 25% bigger than it is supposed to be. So my next go round I am going down 3 sizes in needles and knit it on a 6 instead of a 9. It will be more dense, which I think will work better because this one is very stretchy. I am usually a very tight knitter but when I am carrying yarn and changing colors, I loosen up a lot. But now is the time to get those little Christmas projects started.

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 10:46 PM, Blogger Grandma Willoughby said...

Good grief...you've turned into a regular ol' knitting machine. The sock looks wonderful and you KNOW how I feel about those puppy slippers. Too damn cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home